At Flourish Physiotherapy, we offer a variety of services to suit your needs including in-clinic consultations, workshops, online education and home visits.
Free 15 minute Discovery Call
Unsure about Pelvic Health Physiotherapy? Not sure what it is or if it is right for your particular needs? Perhaps you would like to connect with me first to see if you would feel comfortable discussing your concerns with me? I offer free 15 min discovery calls on Wednesdays so you can be sure you are making the right choice.
Pelvic Health In-Clinic Consultations
An initial in-depth, holistic consultation will take around 60 minutes and include a full history of your concerns as well as your bladder, bowel, sexual and musculoskeletal health and wellbeing. A thorough assessment will take place in a nurturing and safe environment, and you will be provided with a variety of options for your assessment throughout your session. The findings of your assessment will be discussed in depth and a plan of action will be developed that suits your lifestyle, goals and budget.
Follow-up consultations may be recommended to support your progress and adjust your program appropriately to ensure you to achieve your goals in a timely manner. These consultations are around 40 minutes in duration.
Telehealth consultations are also available via secure video link.
Courses and Workshops
Workshops and Courses in 2022 include:
– Grounded in Presence – Breathwork and Connection 4 week course – the first offering of this commences Sunday 23rd January
– Antenatal Core and Floor 90 min Workshop
– Embodiment Yoga for Pelvic and Holistic Health
– Meditation and Breathwork Circles for Women
The book now button below will take you to our online booking service where you can look under the ‘group sessions’ tab for any upcoming classes and workshops.
Our online learning portal is now available with our signature courses:
- Postnatal Yoga for new mothers – a series of yoga classes ranging from 15-60min for mums who struggle to get to a yoga class at set times. Perhaps your partner works late or away, or getting to a class is simply too hard. These online classes are available on demand and are designed to cover all the areas new mums need support with, including gluteals, low back, chest and mid back. Suitable anytime from 8 weeks post birth.
- the online on-demand version of our highly popular, sellout Antenatal Core and Floor Workshop where we cover everything from changes to your body in pregnancy, common physical issues in pregnancy and how to prevent and manage to preparing for birth and understanding pelvic floor risks with birth and how you can talk to your care provider to plan for your birth. This course also includes exercises and movement you can practice to relieve back and pelvic pain, pelvic floor exercises and and preparing for birth.
- our Early Postnatal Core Recovery Program – a 6 week program designed to support you in the first 6 weeks after having a baby to begin to gently restore your core and pelvic floor. This course has modification depending on the type of birth you had and offers advice on progressing through the weeks based on your birth. It is also suitable for anyone who has had a baby but hasn’t yet started any core rehabilitation – even if you baby was born 3 months or 3 years ago, this course will suit you.
Head to our online learning portal by clicking the link below
Home visits are available in some circumstances at no additional cost for women residing within a 5km radius of central Toowoomba. Please contact me for an estimate of costs for home visits outside this area.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Appointments are in high demand. For this reason we require pre-payment for all bookings to hold your appointment time for you. All in-clinic appointments are subject to a two (2) business day cancellation policy. Any cancellations made with less than 2 business days notice may incur full fees. Any non-attendance without notice for booked appointments will incur full fees.
On booking an appointment you will receive a copy of the full terms and conditions. Please ensure you read and understand these terms.
What should I wear to my appointment?
Please wear something comfortable – your movement and function will be assessed and you will likely be shown exercises to do at home, so it’s important that you can move easily during your appointment.
Can I still attend my appointment if I have my period?
Yes! Sometimes you may have waited a long time for an appointment, or have timed your appointment with a day off or a trip to town. Sometimes your symptoms may be more significant when you have your period and having an assessment at this time can help with diagnosis. Your assessment can be modified as necessary depending on your needs. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Can I bring my baby/children to my appointment?
Babies are very welcome at Flourish, however, our space is not set up for mobile children to 5 years. We are unable to provide you with the attention you deserve AND supervise your children at the same time. Where possible we ask that you make alternative arrangements for mobile children to 5 years. If you are unable to, then please bring a pram for your child to sit in during your treatment time in order to minimise the risk of injury and property damage. We apologise for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.
I am nervous about having a pelvic floor examination, is this compulsory?
No. No part of any medical assessment is compulsory. As a health care provider, my role is to provide you with information about every procedure, including the benefits and risks (if any), and you ALWAYS get to decide what happens to your body. If you would like to discuss this aspect of a pelvic health appointment prior to booking, you can book a 15 min discovery call and we can talk more about what is involved.
Where are you located?
Flourish Physiotherapy operates all in-clinic appointments at Suite 1, 49 Raff St, near The Bakers Duck and Spotted Cow. For workshops and classes you will be advised of the venue when you book. Our online learning portal is available 24/7 by clicking the link above.
Is there parking on site?
There is ample 3 hour street parking available on Raff St.
What days do you offer in-clinic assessments?
Currently, in-clinic assessments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. A Saturday clinic usually runs on the first Saturday of the month depending on demand.
I have been doing Kegels for years, why do I need to see a physiotherapist?
Studies have shown that as many as 50% of women do their Kegels or Pelvic floor exercises incorrectly. Kegels aren’t appropriate for everyone. I see many women with overactive pelvic floor muscles, that is they have difficulty relaxing their pelvic floor. Kegels will only make things worse.
Pelvic floor exercises are only a small part of what a pelvic health physiotherapist does. Your holistic wellbeing requires much more than simply Kegels.